Grannys for Cancer

Another Crochetville CAL - Prayer Afghan Ministry Squares. A woman in Kentucky has a ministry that makes afghans for cancer patients who are in chemotherapy. She, and a group from her church, assemble the 12 inch squares they receive into afghans and pray for the patient who will receive it. Each type of cancer is represented by a different color. I've been making a bunch of navy blue squares, representing colon cancer, in honor of my father-in-law who survived colon cancer five years ago. He passed away two weeks ago, so it makes this project even more significant to me. I've also done a couple of teal for ovarian cancer, orange for leukemia, and lime green for lymphoma. This is a really cool project. Here are some pictures of a few of the squares I've sent to Kentucky.

click image to see detail

No comments: